- I am restless. I am athirst for far-away things.
- My soul goes out in a longing to touch the skirt of the dim distance.
- O Great Beyond, O the keen call of thy flute!
- I forget, I ever forget, that I have no wings to fly, that I am bound in this spot evermore.
- I am eager and wakeful, I am a stranger in a strange land.
- Thy breath comes to me whispering an impossible hope.
- Thy tongue is known to my heart as its very own.
- O Far-to-seek, O the keen call of thy flute!
- I forget, I ever forget, that I know not the way, that I have not the winged horse.
- I am listless, I am a wanderer in my heart.
- In the sunny haze of the languid hours, what vast vision of thine takes shape in the blue of the sky!
- O Farthest end, O the keen call of thy flute!
- I forget, I ever forget, that the gates are shut everywhere in the house where I dwell alone!
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
by: Rabindranath Tagore